Ten steps to choosing your photographer:
1) Decide on a style that matches your requirements for your Wedding.
Do you prefer natural:
2) Set a budget with your partner.
3) Use groups:
These can help you discover who other brides/grooms and suppliers are recommending; through hearing this you can then decide on the photographers that you would like more information on.
4) Look at the photographer's website and check they cover your area.
5) Look at their galleries and see if their style is what you have decided on. Read their blogs: this sometimes includes a larger range of photographs taken from one single wedding. This should give you an idea of what you can expect from a whole day.
6) Some photographers will include their prices on their website, but you may have to get in contact and ask for a quote to check their prices are within your budget.
7) Speak to your photographer and ensure they have the same vision for your wedding day and also check that you are happy with them. At this point you may wish to arrange a meeting with them. Having this at your chosen venue may mean you get the opportunity to discuss specific shots that you require. You should always feel that you can get in contact with your photographer and ask any question that you feel is appropriate.
8) If you arrange a meeting then decide on questions that you and your partner would like answered. One of these questions might be to see proof of insurance so you know that they are covered if anything goes wrong on your special day.
9) Read the photographer's contract and fine print so you are confident on the service you are receiving.
10) Look forward to your wedding knowing that you have chosen the photographer that is best for you.