Terms & Conditions in relation to Wedding Photography from Charlton Photography
1) CONTRACT: The Client will agree to and sign this standard Contract and Model Release prior to the wedding.
2) PAYMENT: A non-refundable booking fee of 20% of the Package price is required to secure your wedding date. Final payment is due no later than 28 days before your wedding day. All payments can be made by: PayPal, cash, cheque or BACS Cheques to be made payable to ‘xxxxxxx’, PayPal address is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and for BACS please use account details: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx with payment reference of the date of your wedding. Charlton Photography agrees not to change the coverage fee once the booking has been confirmed. A booking is confirmed once a 20% booking fee is received by any of the means listed above.
3) TRAVEL: Travel expenses will be applied for all locations as described on our location map and agreed with the client prior to confirming any booking. (All locations within 35 miles of Folkestone, Kent have no extra charge)
4) CANCELLATION: Should your date be cancelled or rescheduled your booking fee may be used for an alternative date subject to availability. The client may cancel this contract at any time by giving written notice to the photographer but in doing so shall forfeit any monies paid. In the unlikely event that the assigned photographer(s) are unable to complete the coverage due to unforeseen circumstances, Charlton Photography reserve the right to appoint another photographer(s) to attend on their behalf to undertake the photography at no extra cost to the client. If Charlton Photography cancel this contract, notice will be given to the client in writing and a full refund of all monies paid will be granted.
5) IMAGES: The quantity of images supplied will vary depending on the photography package chosen. A selection of black & white and colour images will be produced. Slideshows (if applicable) will be created using a selection of images Charlton Photography deem to be the highlights of the client's event. All images will be presented to the client as high resolution JPG files with an unlimited royalty free non - commercial licence to print and share as required. Under no circumstances will unedited (RAW) files be presented to the client. After images have been presented to the client any additional requests for specific editing of images will be undertaken at Charlton Photography’s discretion and an additional charge per image may be applied. The client agrees not to edit or permit any other party to edit any images presented to them by Charlton Photography.
6) COPYRIGHT: Charlton Photography will retain all rights and copyright to the images supplied and may be used for advertising, display or any other purpose thought proper by Charlton Photography. Copyright of images may be purchased (subject to agreement) for a fee starting from £1000 per image or £10,000 per event.
7) COVERAGE: a) For bookings involving a church ceremony or at certain other venues, photographer's movements are sometimes restricted by the official in charge: photographing of parts or even all of the ceremony may be restricted or prohibited, as may the use of artificial lighting. The photographers cannot accept responsibility for limited coverage in such cases. b) Whilst Charlton Photography shall endeavour to fulfil all the client's requirements, they cannot be held responsible for non-availability or unwilling subjects or adverse conditions which may delay the progress of proceedings, preventing the coverage of certain specified shots. c) Any alterations made to the booking by the clients once details have been confirmed may only be made at the discretion of the photographers. If unable to accommodate alternative arrangements (such as the change of ceremony date or venue) the photographers are not liable to compensate the client(s) in any way whatsoever.
8) IMAGES: a) Owing to photo chromatic anomalies caused by a combination of certain dyes and materials, especially in man-made fibres, it is sometimes impossible to record on camera the exact colour of materials as perceived by the human eye. When processing images, the photographers will endeavour to achieve a pleasing overall colour balance based on natural flesh tones.
b) It is understood that some colours may not remain consistent throughout a set of photographs owing to variations in lighting conditions. It is also understood that all photographic printing is undertaken within the technical limitations of the process and that colour may not be identical over the whole range within a subject. The colour balance of prints made at different times or in varying sizes may also be variable.
c) Due to the limitations of computer monitors it is understood that images may appear differently according to the specification of each monitor and that prints will not match images rendered on any particular computer monitor.
d) Where images are made available for use on a DVD player reasonable steps are taken to ensure compatibility, but DVD discs may not play on all DVD players, particularly older models.
9) EXCLUSIVITIY: Unless agreed upon in advance, Charlton Photography shall be the exclusive photographer(s) retained for the event. Wedding guests may take photographs, but it is the responsibility of the Client to prevent family and friends from interfering with Charlton Photography’s duties.
10) BEHAVIOUR: Charlton Photography will not tolerate verbally or physically abusive behaviour. Unchecked guest conduct that interferes with the official photography may seriously affect the quality of the photographs taken and increase coverage time required. If the client is unable to control the conduct of their guests, resulting in an unacceptable degree of misconduct, or if the conduct of any of their guests damages the equipment of the photographer, it will result in the early or immediate departure of the photographer(s). The client understands that in such an event, no refunds will be granted.
11) MODEL RELEASE: Charlton Photography may use the images as stated below in our contractual Model Release. Client recognizes that the Photographer may reproduce, publish (including internet), exhibit and otherwise use images created hereunder, without specific identification of persons or events: (1) as samples of work to be shown to prospective clients, (2) for instructional purposes, (3) as samples of work to be displayed for marketing or competition.